Wednesday, October 17

a little of my time in switzerland



Dearest friends that i am sitting on the hill at my farm table with the sun shining through the windows is  mind boggling hence i have not been at this position for almost a full month. I have been away for so long but as i have said such a large piece of my heart and mind has been here on the hill the whole time.

I have just spent one the most rewarding weeks in a long time with my dear friend kimberly and although what i want to do more than anything is tell you about it, i think it would be best to start of with other incredible moments from my work and holiday trip to europe. after looking through only half of photographs i have taken in the last month, it has become clear i must just jump right into. i do apologize for i might end up mixing a few images from on day to the next but i will keep them from the same country at least:)

the photographs above are from my time in switzerland with my friend Juliana. I have to say that i was so drawn to the rural part of switzerland. we walked along a path around a lake and on farm land. it rained, mist and fog made me feel at home oh and the cows ( more one them soon). Juliana was so welcoming, i was spoiled by home cooked meals and when you are on your own like i am and are the only cook in the family it is very rare to sit down at a table and eat something that was made by others.  Juliana is a wonderful cook, while she cooked i highjacked her dinning table and opened so many of her cook books from her incredible collection and with pen and paper found myself writing recipes i wanted to try on the hill. Andi her husband would harvest a lettuce from their beautiful garden and prepare the most simple of salads dressed with a delicate and beautiful dressing. All of the things i ate, like the incredible lentil soup, walnut cake and tagine will be repeated here in my own kitchen and i am sure it will bring back such nice memories of my time with the lovely juliana & andy in their home.

More from switzerland soon, it is good to be back and be able to share with you moments from my travel.

11 comments:

RetreatingAndAdvancing said...

swiss weather at its best :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Copper + Cream said...

Can't wait to hear more! I love the way you capture moments with your camera and yet you still continue to capture us again and again with your words. You write so lovely...I love your blog!

Megan said...

Wow Nadia, so beautiful! It sounds like such a magical place. I can't wait to see more from your travels.

Juliana said...

I miss you and am so glad you visited me!

Dawn said...

So lovely, and such beautiful memories you have made. It's nice to have you back on the hill though, I am sure the autumn colors are amazing now!
xo

Sweet Life Farm said...

The photos speak of tranquility and carry such stillness with them. I immediately felt at peace. Your time with Juliana sounds truly wonderful…hoping you might share her recipes too!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that concrete has not changed you, you are as lovely as ever.

David @ Frenchie and the Yankee said...

I've missed your posts, glad to read this one before I leave myself!!!
Wonderful pictures of Switzerland. I've never been and am dying to go.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I wrote a long post to you and it disappeared.

I've missed you, glad to have you home. Your photos are introspective and thoughtful. Have been watching "Wallander" on PBS (thought of you) want to visit Ystad, Geneva even.

Were you in Williamsburg with Aran recently? I wanted to go, but the workshop and dinner was sold out for months.

Tell me...is it stressful to drive from Switzerland to Paris?

Kindly,
Elizabeth

kimberly said...

Missing you terribly but enjoying going through the photos we took this past week~
xx

the wild magnolia said...

from your photos i see how easy it is to fall in love with rural Switzerland.

thank you for sharing.